Sharavogue House originally called St. Andrews was constructed in between 1875 – 1883.
Kilcommon, a neighbouring house belonging to the building contractor firm JJ Jennings & Cooney Jennings Ltd. was a twin of Sharavogue (St. Andrews).
Sharavogue was originally owned by Andrew Wrenn, who was a successful merchant in the 1800’s. He also owned the Bleeding Horse Tavern on Upper Camden Street, Dublin 2.
Sharavogue housing estate was developed in 1976/78 by a number of building contracotrs.
Gibbons Architects were commissioned to design part of the estate with modern detached houses in other leafy suburbs of Dublin.